Feedback is a gift and our loving community definitely knows we love to receive it 🙂 So we’ve listened to educators’ ideas and suggestions and voilà! A new version of Nearpod, full of surprises, is ready to download.
Here are the top new features we have added recently:
1. New Draw it: One of our most popular features, the Draw it, gets a major redesign: Students can now use more colors, a highlighter, add multiple images (and resize them!), add text, and more.
2. Student Notes: One of the most requested features is now live! Your students can now take notes for each slide of your Nearpod, both during Live and Homework sessions! NOTE: This is a premium feature, currently available for School Edition users only. Check this out.
3. Fill in the Blanks: This classic “drag & drop” activity is now part of Nearpod. Share it with your students and allow them to have fun while learning. It’s super easy to do!
4. Student scrubber: When in self-paced mode, students can navigate the presentation and jump to any slide in an instant by dragging the Student scrubber.
5. Download Nearpods as PDFs: Want to save your Nearpod lessons to go over them when offline or print them? It’ll only take you a few seconds! Find the option at the Nearpod “More” menu.
6. Copy/Paste: If you want to use the same slide or interactive feature within a Nearpod or even in a different one, you now have the option to select it and copy/paste it.
7. Math Symbols: We have added a new functionality that gives students the possibility to add Math symbols when answering polls, quizzes, or open ended questions.
- Matching Pairs (BETA): In this classic memory game, students are prompted to find a pair of matching pictures or texts. It can be used to enhance students’ visual memory or just as an icebreaker to relax students before or after a lesson. (Note: This game is still in BETA and we would love to hear your feedback).
Ready to enjoy? Update your Nearpod app now and get ready to boost your Nearpod lessons!