Get the most from federal funding designed to ensure high academic standards and college and career success for all students. This post will identify how Nearpod’s different offerings are aligned to the ESSA requirements and how to leverage resources you have to gain access to Nearpod for your school or district.Did you know? You could use title funds to get #Nearpod in your school! Learn how to get the most from federal funding.Click To Tweet
What is Title I?
Title I provides funding to schools with a high number of students from low-income families. Funds are designed to provide all children significant opportunity to receive an equitable and high-quality education and can be used for supplemental instructional materials and professional development.
Title I: Equitable access to quality education
Strengthen academic programs and improve conditions for all students with thousands of standards-aligned, rigorous lessons with built-in scaffolds to tap into every learner with Effective Curriculum
- Synchronize and receive comprehensive student assessment data
- Integrate culturally relevant content into classrooms, so students see themselves in what they learn
- Ensure a safe climate and culture in schools with relevant Social Emotional Learning experiences
- Expose students to College and Career Explorations and provide a critical lens for big life decisions
What is Title II?
Title II funds are designated to foster high-quality teaching and leadership in schools and districts. Funds can be used for teacher and leader professional development.
Title II: Teacher Preparation, Training & Recruitment
Nearpod Learning Lab is research-based professional development content that is 100% ready to be delivered by anyone, regardless of specific content knowledge. These professional development experiences increase teacher and leader quality through actionable and engaging learning. With Nearpod Learning Labs, empower every teacher to reach every learner.
- Access research-based professional development content that is 100% ready to be delivered
- Enable Professional development experiences to increase effective teachers, instruction and leader quality through actionable and engaging learning
What is Title III?
Title III funding supports supplemental services that improve the English language proficiency and academic achievement of English Learners. It can be used for supplemental instructional materials or for professional development that supports this population.
Title III: English Language Instruction
Use Nearpod EL to support the diverse language, academic, and social-emotional needs of English Learners with 1,000+ lessons aligned to ELD standards.
- Focus on core-content instruction, academic language development, communicative language, and real-world experiences
- Incorporate built-in scaffolds and a variety of interactive features, such as VR, 3D images, video, and audio
- Focus on Crucial Academic Vocabulary for Success in Content Area Classes
What is Title IV?
Title IV is a flexible block grant intended to be customized to support the strong evidence showing the need for students to have access to programs that meet their comprehensive needs, mental and physical health and safety and provide a challenging learning environment that effectively uses technology. Funds can be used for programs and professional development that support these initiatives.
Title IV: 21st Century Schools and Whole Child
Nearpod’s supplemental curricula prepare students for their 21st century lives.
Digital Citizenship and Literacy. This program prepares students to interact with technology. This K-12 solution supports instruction in computer science including digital citizenship, coding, applications of technology, and media literacy.
College and Career Exploration. This program prepares students for opportunities beyond school. Provide equal access to future opportunities as students explore college pathways and career clusters.
Social and Emotional Learning. This program promotes safe, positive learning environments. This program is built from CASEL’s leading framework to facilitate student development of SEL competencies.
Historical Perspectives and Literacy. This 6-12 supplemental curriculum brings culturally relevant, media rich, and inquiry-based Social Studies experiences to the classroom.
Nearpod’s award-winning platform is used by thousands of schools across the country, transforming classroom engagement.