How to Keep Classroom Relationships Strong During Distance Learning
Transitioning from a physical to a virtual environment can be tough waters to navigate. The once warm morning hugs and hellos are swapped with technical video conferencing difficulties and infrequent 1:1 time with your students. Here are some ideas to help sprinkle the magic into your distance learning lessons by using Nearpod to keep classroom relationships stronger than ever.
#NearpodTips to Strengthen Classroom Community
Record audio directly within Nearpod so that your students can feel like you’re with them!
Embed a Flipgrid into you next Nearpod lesson to see and hear from your students in new and exciting ways!
- Use a Collaborate! board to post words, images, and/or gifs of encouragement!
- Use one-word check-ins and hide student names so you can really hear from your students
- Set virtual class rules together by providing an opportunity through an open ended question or collaborate board for students to submit rules and procedures
Making time for SEL and Recess
Connect with your students by using these virtual recess lessons!
Make time for SEL moments and create authentic connections with your students by using these lessons about managing stress during this time.
Continue the Conversation by Joining our Weekly #NearpodChat!
Join the #NearpodChat every Wednesday evening at 8pm EST. All topics in May will stem around keeping culture strong with your students…even virtually! Unsure how a Twitter Chat works? Read this.
#NearpodChat Topics in May:
- May 6th: Ideas for Virtual Teacher Appreciation + Teacher Self Care
- May 13th: Keeping Routines and Engagement Virtually
- May 20th: Maintaining Student Connections during Remote Learning
- May 27th: The Power of a Strong Parent-Teacher Relationship
Sprit Week during Virtual Learning!
Are you looking to extend a little joy and engagement into your student’s remote teaching experience? Learn how Nearpod hosted a virtual spirit week…and how you can easily replicate with your students with resources we’ve curated for you!
Nearpod’s award-winning platform is used by thousands of schools across the country, transforming classroom engagement.